Establish a regular routine of care and maintenance.
- Vacuum your carpet regularly with a good machine that has maximum suction, and use the vacuum cleaner’s attachments to get along walls and up and down steps.
- Take care of snags by snipping off the yarn flush with the carpet, carefully avoiding cutting any other carpet yarns.
- Get your carpeting cleaned by professionals at least once a year.
- Take care of stains and spills immediately. Many carpets have stain-resistant technology and you can soak up the spill with a clean cloth. But others require you to check the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Read the manufacturer’s information about caring for the carpet and be prepared when the need comes. They know best how to protect it.
You can prolong your carpet’s life, keeping it beautiful, warm, and appealing by dealing with the daily wear and tear that comes with having a family, pets, and visitors in your home. Dirt, spills, stains can be dealt with by consistent upkeep and maintenance.